PCA Brass Band has been performing for over 40 years. All pupils from Year 6 upwards are offered the chance to be in the band. The band is fully inclusive of all abilities.
The Band practices every Wednesday and plays in Assembly on Fridays. It currently has over 30 members playing Trumpets, Cornets, Eb Horns, Euphoniums, Tuba and Percussion.
The Band performs regular concerts in and around Blackpool. Recent venues include The Town Hall, Stanley Park Band Stand, Grand Theatre, Hardraw Scar, Red Marsh School, Bendrigg and many more.
In addition to the pleasure gained in performing for others, experience has taught us that membership of the school band –
· Raises children’s self esteem
· Increases children’s self confidence
· Provides opportunities for social inclusion within the wider community
· Provides opportunities to improve children’s social competence through a range of out of school experiences
· Allows children to perform with mainstream peers on an equal basis
The Band as a whole has done much to enhance the external reputation of Park over the years.